CSCSC Mission Statement
- "The Canadian Supply Chain Sector Council brings together partners in the sector to develop solutions to the human resource challenges faced by stakeholders. Recognizing the vital role of the supply chain to Canada's economy, the Council is committed to enhancing the sector's ability to attract and retain workers at all levels and across the full range of functions, and to advancing the skills of those workers."
2012 Sector Study Report
Recommendations in the Council's 2012 HR Study Update report will guide the work of the Council in the next few years.
To achieve this mission, the CSCSC is undertaking activities that will ensure its:
- representativeness – to secure sector buy-in and support
- responsiveness – to guarantee that the Council provides leadership and value-added service to the sector, its initiatives must respond to identified industry needs and issues
- connectedness – to establish and strengthen linkages with business and labour organizations, industry, governments and the education community
- results-based focus – to make certain that Council activities contribute to its short-, medium- and long-term objectives
- administrative soundness – to know that the CSCSC complies with legal, corporate and program rules and policies